Experience the Wild West with one of the nation’s largest Buffalo roundups.
- Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
- Check in at the Fort Hays Dances with Wolves film set located four miles south of Rapid City, SD, on Highway 16W for your tickets.
- Fill up on pancakes at the all-you-can-eat cowboy breakfast at our chuckwagon with the complete package.
- Board the coach at the Fort Hays Dances with Wolves film set. Your driver for the day begins the narrated Black Hills tour with stops at Custer State Park. Keep your camera ready and your eyes on the lookout over the hills of Custer State Park as you feel the ground shake and hear the thunder of buffalo coming over the hill tops.
- Buffalo Roundup (and lunch with complete package and lunch package), two to three hours – Our lunch stop is in the corrals of the Buffalo Roundup. After the roundup, we continue through Custer State Park.
- Crazy Horse Mountain & Memorial – We will visit the largest mountain carving in the world. You can visit the memorial and learn much about the sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski in his home studio museum.
- Mount Rushmore – We stop by the famous faces with plenty of time to see all the park has to offer, including the Lincoln Borglum Museum and the sculptors’ studio.
- Return to Fort Hays Dances with Wolves film set.
- Dinner Show
- The supper bell rings loud to call all cowboys and cowgirls to bring their appetites. We serve up the best chuckwagon menu in the West, and it’s sure to make your mouth water. It’s all served on handmade tin plates with drinks poured into tin cups. Be careful — the coffee is hot!
- Cowboy Chuckwagon Menu
- Chuckwagon potatoes
- Sliced beef simmered in BBQ sauce
- Baked chicken
- Western baked beans
- Ranch biscuits and honey
- Chunky apple sauce
- Old-fashioned spice cake
- Cowboy coffee
- Tenderfoot lemonade
- The Fort Hays Wranglers take the stage to entertain you with the Black Hills’ most popular music variety show! You are guaranteed to have a foot-stompin’, belly shakin’ good time! Family fun for everyone! Bring your camera and take some pictures.
Pricing and Reservations
Per Person Pricing - Ages 14 and Older
Per Person Pricing - Ages 13 and Under