This special winter sightseeing tour begins at your hotel in Rapid City, where we pick you up, then carve our way through the Black Hills to visit Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial.
Custer State Park Buffalo Roundup Tour
- Round Up Complete Package (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Round Up Lunch Package
- Round Up Only
Experience the Wild West with one of the nation’s largest Buffalo roundups.
Take the narrated bus tour and see the dust fly as the buffalo rumble through the hills of Custer State Park.
Watch the cowboys and cowgirls herd in over 1,500 wild buffalo to brand, sort, and vaccinate for the annual Custer State Park Buffalo Roundup and Auction. Mount Rushmore Tours offers unique tours available for the roundup on Friday September 30th, 2022. All of the park entrance fees are included in our packages. Feel the thunder and join the herd at the Annual Custer State Park Buffalo Roundup!
Watch cowboys and cowgirls as they roundup and drive the herd of 1,500 buffalo into the buffalo corrals.
- Check in at the Fort Hays Dances with Wolves film set located four miles south of Rapid City, SD, on Highway 16W for your tickets.
- Fill up on pancakes at the all-you-can-eat cowboy breakfast at our chuckwagon with the complete package.
Board the coach at the Fort Hays Dances with Wolves film set. Your driver for the day begins the narrated Black Hills tour with stops at Custer State Park. Keep your camera ready and your eyes on the lookout over the hills of Custer State Park as you feel the ground shake and hear the thunder of buffalo coming over the hill tops.
- Buffalo Roundup (and lunch with complete package and lunch package), two to three hours – Our lunch stop is in the corrals of the Buffalo Roundup. After the roundup, we continue through Custer State Park.
- Crazy Horse Mountain & Memorial– We will visit the largest mountain carving in the world. You can visit the memorial and learn much about the sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski in his home studio museum.
- Mount Rushmore – We stop by the famous faces with plenty of time to see all the park has to offer, including the Lincoln Borglum Museum and the sculptors’ studio.
Return to Fort Hays Dances with Wolves film set.
- Dinner Show
- The supper bell rings loud to call all cowboys and cowgirls to bring their appetites. We serve up the best chuckwagon menu in the West, and it’s sure to make your mouth water. It’s all served on handmade tin plates with drinks poured into tin cups. Be careful — the coffee is hot!
Cowboy Chuckwagon Menu
- Chuckwagon potatoes
- Sliced beef brisket or baked chicken
- Western baked beans
- Ranch biscuits and honey
- Chunky apple sauce
- Old-fashioned spice cake
- Cowboy coffee
- Tenderfoot lemonade
7:15 – 8:15 p.m.
The Fort Hays Wranglers take the stage to entertain you with the Black Hills’ most popular music variety show! Get ready for a foot-stompin’, belly shakin’ good time! Family fun for everyone! Bring your camera and take some pictures.