Sightseeing Tour of Mount Rushmore & the Black Hills
You will see all of the most important sites while visiting Rapid City on this tour which departs mid-morning and winds its way along scenic highways visiting attractions like Mount Rushmore National Monument, Custer State Park, Needles Highway and Crazy Horse Memorial.
Our knowledgeable tour guide drives you through 100 miles of the Black Hills National Forest stopping for pictures of wildlife and endless picturesque moments. The tour returns to Fort Hays where you’ll have the opportunity to visit the Fort Hays working-functioning Old West Town Square again for anything you may have missed before the tour, and you’re welcome to purchase tickets for our famous Chuckwagon Supper and Live Branson-style Music Variety Show at the door!
- Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
- Check in at the Fort Hays Dances with Wolves film set.
- Feel free to come early and join the all-you-can-eat cowboy pancake breakfast at our chuckwagon.
- Board the coach at Fort Hays Dances With Wolves film set.
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial:
- We spend at least an hour visiting Mount Rushmore, which is plenty of time to see all the park has to offer, including the sculptors’ studio and the Lincoln Borglum Museum.
- Iron Mountain Road:
- We wind over the Peter Norbeck National Scenic Byway as it takes you over Iron Mountain through scenic tunnels and pigtail bridges. Bring your camera to capture great photos here!
- Custer State Park:
- Keep your camera ready and your eyes peeled for wildlife like buffalo, burros, antelope, elk, and Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep. We stop when it’s safe.
- State Game Lodge:
- We stop for lunch at the presidential summer white house to former president Calvin Coolidge and Dwight D. Eisenhower. Here, you can purchase lunch from a menu or buffet. We recommend the buffalo stew!
- Needles Highway:
- We continue through Custer State Park up Needles Highway, passing through tunnels and by scenic overlooks. Have your camera ready for great pictures here! For a sneak peek at what we have in store, search “Charter Bus in Rock Tunnel” on YouTube!
- Sylvan Lake:
- Stop for more great pictures and a restroom break at the spectacular man-made lake located at the bottom of Harney Peak. This picturesque lake is a local favorite for campers, rock climbers, and hikers.
- Crazy Horse Memorial:
- We spend at least an hour visiting the largest mountain carving in the world. You can visit the memorial and museums and learn about the sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski in his home studio museum.
- Return to Fort Hays Chuckwagon
Pricing and Reservations
Adults & Seniors $125
Per Person Pricing - Ages 14 and Older
Per Person Pricing - Ages 13 and Under
Related Tours and Activities
This special winter sightseeing tour begins at your hotel in Rapid City, where we pick you up, then carve our way through the Black Hills to visit Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial.
Enjoy a cowboy breakfast, a full day of sightseeing — including Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park — and our famous Chuckwagon Supper and Live Music Show.
Enjoy our original hearty chuckwagon supper, followed by a great live music variety show when the Fort Hays Wranglers take the stage to entertain you.