Full-Day Mount Rushmore Tour
- Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price.
- Check in at the Fort Hays Headquarters and Dances with Wolves film set
- Enjoy the all-you-can-eat cowboy breakfast at our chuckwagon.
- Board the coach outside of the Headquarters Building for your tour that includes:
- Mount Rushmore National Monument:
- We spend at least an hour visiting Mount Rushmore. There is plenty of time to see all the park has to offer including the sculptors’ studio and the Lincoln Borglum Museum.
- Iron Mountain Road:
- We wind over the Peter Norbeck National Scenic Byway as it takes you over Iron Mountain Road through scenic tunnels and pigtail bridges. Bring your camera for potential Kodak moments here!
- Custer State Park:
- Keep your camera ready and your eyes on the lookout for wildlife like buffalo, burros, antelope, elk, and Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep. We stop when it’s safe.
- State Game Lodge:
- Our lunch stop is the presidential summer white house to former president Calvin Coolidge and Dwight D. Eisenhower. Here you can purchase lunch from a menu or buffet. We recommend the buffalo stew!
- Needles Highway:
- We continue through Custer State Park to Needles Highway passing through scenic tunnels and by scenic overlooks. Check your camera; there are great pictures here! For a sneak peek at what we have in store for you search “Charter Bus in Rock Tunnel” on YouTube!
- Sylvan Lake:
- Stop for pictures and a restroom break at the spectacular man-made lake located at the bottom of Black Elk Peak (formerly Harney Peak). This picturesque lake is a local favorite for campers, rock climbers, and hikers.
- Crazy Horse Memorial:
- Staying for at least one hour, we visit the largest mountain carving in the world. You can visit the memorial, museums and learn so much about the sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski in his home studio museum.
- Return to Fort Hays Chuckwagon
- Dinner Show
- Doors open at 6:15 PM. The supper bell rings inside, calling all cowboys and cowgirls to bring their appetites. We serve up the best Chuckwagon menu in the West that’s sure to make your mouth water. It’s all served on handmade tin plates with drinks poured into tin cups. Be careful the coffee is hot!
- Cowboy Chuckwagon Menu
- Chuckwagon potatoes
- Sliced beef simmered in BBQ sauce
- Baked chicken
- Western baked beans
- Ranch biscuits and honey
- Chunky apple sauce
- Old-fashioned spice cake
- Cowboy coffee
- Tenderfoot lemonade
- The Fort Hays Wranglers take the stage to entertain you with the Black Hills’ most popular music variety show! You are guaranteed to have a foot-stompin’, belly shakin’ good time! Family fun for everyone! Bring your camera and take some pictures.
Pricing and Reservations
Per Person Pricing - Ages 13 and Older
Per Person Pricing - Ages 12 and Under