Mount Rushmore Sightseeing Tour Package
Enjoy a cowboy breakfast, a full day of sightseeing, including Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park, and our famous Chuckwagon Supper and Live Music Show.
Full-Day Mount Rushmore Tour
Every day from mid-May through October, our sightseeing tour carves its way through the Black Hills, beginning at Fort Hays on the Dances with Wolves film set for a cowboy breakfast.
Departing mid-morning, the tour winds its way along scenic highways visiting attractions like Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Custer State Park, and Crazy Horse Memorial. Our informative tour guide drives you through 100 miles of the Black Hills National Forest, stopping for pictures of wildlife and more. Returning to Fort Hays, the Black Hills tour ends but your night continues as you enjoy our famous Chuckwagon Supper and Live Music Show.
This comprehensive Mount Rushmore Tour Package is our most popular option and the best value for your Black Hills vacation!
- Departs daily from May 14, 2018 – October 15, 2018
7:30 a.m.: Check-in at Fort Hays Dances with Wolves film set.
Eat the “All-You-Can-Eat” Cowboy Breakfast at our chuckwagon.
9 a.m.: Board the coach at Fort Hays Dances With Wolves film set
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial: We spend at least an hour visiting Mount Rushmore. There is plenty of time to see all the park has to offer including the sculptors studio and the Lincoln Borglum Museum.
- Iron Mountain Road: We wind over the Peter Norbeck National Scenic Byway as it takes you over Iron Mountain through scenic tunnels and pigtail bridges. Bring your camera for potential Kodak moments here!
- Custer State Park: Keep your camera ready and your eyes on the lookout for wildlife like buffalo, burros, antelope, elk, and rocky mountain bighorn sheep. We stop when it’s safe.
- State Game Lodge: Our lunch stop is the presidential summer white house to former president Calvin Coolidge and Dwight D. Eisenhower. Here, you can purchase lunch from a menu or buffet. Try the buffalo stew!
- Needles Highway: We continue through Custer State Park up Needles Highway passing through scenic tunnels and by scenic overlooks. Check your camera, there are great pictures here! For a sneak peek at what we have in store, search “Charter Bus in Rock Tunnel” on YouTube!
- Sylvan Lake: Stop for pictures and a restroom break at the spectacular man-made lake located at the bottom of Harney Peak. This picturesque lake is a local favorite for campers, rock climbers, and hikers.
- Crazy Horse Memorial: Staying for at least one hour, we visit the largest mountain carving in the world. You can visit the memorial and museums and learn much about the sculptor Korzak Ziolkowski in his home studio museum.
5:30 p.m.: Return to Fort Hays Chuckwagon
6:30 p.m.: Dinner Show
- Supper bell rings loud, calling all cowboys and cowgirls to bring their appetites. We serve up the best Chuckwagon menu in the West that’s sure to make your mouth water. It’s all served on handmade tin plates with drinks poured into tin cups. Be careful, the coffee is hot!
7:15 to 8:15 p.m.: Showtime!
- The Fort Hays Wranglers take the stage to entertain you with the Black Hills’ most popular music variety show! You have a foot stompin’, belly shakin’, good time! Family fun for everyone! Bring your camera and take some pictures. We wind everything up in time for you to travel to Mount Rushmore for the lighting ceremony!
Cowboy Chuckwagon Menu
- Chuckwagon potatoes
- Sliced beef simmered in BBQ sauce
- Baked chicken
- Western baked beans
- Ranch biscuits and honey
- Chunky applesauce
- Old-fashioned spice cake
- Cowboy coffee
- Tenderfoot lemonade